Changing the background photo at the login page on Mac 10.14 is a simple and fun way to personalize your Mac experience. As someone who enjoys customizing my technology to reflect my personality, I always appreciate the ability to add personal touches to my devices. In this article, I will guide you through the process of changing the background photo at the login page on Mac 10.14, adding my personal touches and commentary along the way.
Step 1: Choosing the Perfect Photo
The first step in changing the background photo at the login page is selecting the perfect image. This is where you can truly let your creativity shine. Choose a photo that speaks to you and reflects your personal style. It could be a stunning landscape, a beloved pet, or a memorable moment captured in time. The possibilities are endless!
Once you have chosen the photo you want to use, make sure it is saved on your Mac in a location that is easily accessible. You can create a new folder specifically for login background images if you’d like.
Step 2: Preparing the Photo
Before we can set the photo as the background at the login page, we need to make sure it is in the correct format. Mac 10.14 requires the photo to be in the JPEG format, so if your photo is in a different format (such as PNG or HEIC), you will need to convert it.
To convert the photo, you can use the built-in Preview application on your Mac. Open the photo in Preview, go to the “File” menu, and select “Export”. In the export window, choose JPEG as the format and adjust any other settings as desired. Save the converted photo in a location you can easily find.
Step 3: Changing the Login Background Photo
Now that we have our perfect photo in the correct format, it’s time to change the background at the login page. Follow these steps:
- Open the “System Preferences” by clicking on the Apple menu in the top-left corner of your screen and selecting “System Preferences”.
- In the System Preferences window, click on “Users & Groups”.
- Click on the lock icon in the bottom-left corner of the window and enter your administrator password to make changes.
- Select your user account in the left sidebar.
- Click on the “Login Options” button at the bottom of the window.
- Under the “Display login window as” section, click on the “Change…” button.
- A file selection window will appear. Navigate to the location where you saved your converted photo, select it, and click “Choose”.
- Close the System Preferences window.
And voila! You have successfully changed the background photo at the login page on your Mac 10.14. Now, every time you start or restart your Mac, you will be greeted with your chosen image.
Customizing the background photo at the login page on Mac 10.14 is a great way to add a personal touch to your Mac experience. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can easily change the login background photo to showcase an image that resonates with you. Remember, the possibilities are endless, so don’t be afraid to get creative and choose a photo that truly reflects your personality and style.