Adding a blur background in Zoom on Mac can be a great way to add a professional touch to your video conferences. Not only does it help to keep the focus on you, but it also allows you to maintain privacy and eliminate any distractions in your background. In this article, I will guide you through the steps to add a blur background in Zoom on Mac, and share some personal tips and commentary along the way.
Step 1: Update Your Zoom App
Before we begin, it’s important to ensure that you have the latest version of the Zoom app installed on your Mac. Keeping your Zoom app up to date is crucial for accessing the latest features and functionalities. To check for updates, follow these simple steps:
- Open the Zoom app on your Mac.
- Click on the “Zoom.us” menu in the top-left corner of your screen.
- Select “Check for Updates” from the dropdown menu.
- If an update is available, follow the on-screen prompts to download and install it.
Step 2: Sign in to Zoom and Join a Meeting
Once you have the latest version of Zoom installed on your Mac, sign in to your Zoom account using your credentials. If you don’t have an account, you can create one for free on the Zoom website. Once signed in, join a meeting by entering the meeting ID or clicking on the meeting link provided by the host.
Step 3: Access Zoom Settings
To add a blur background in Zoom on Mac, you need to access the Zoom settings. Here’s how:
- Once you are in a Zoom meeting, click on the “^” arrow next to the “Stop Video” button at the bottom-left corner of the Zoom window.
- From the menu that appears, click on “Choose Virtual Background”.
Step 4: Enable Virtual Background and Add Blur
Now that you have accessed the virtual background settings, it’s time to enable virtual backgrounds and add the blur effect:
- In the Virtual Background settings, make sure the “I have a green screen” option is unchecked.
- Below the virtual background options, you will find the “Blur” option. Check the box next to it to enable the blur effect.
Once you have enabled the blur effect, you will see a preview of your video with the background blurred. You can adjust the intensity of the blur by sliding the “Blur” slider to the desired level.
Step 5: Apply and Test
After enabling the blur effect, click on the “Apply” button to save your virtual background settings. You can now test the blur effect by starting or joining a Zoom meeting with video enabled. Your background will appear blurred, adding a professional and aesthetically pleasing touch to your video conferences.
Adding a blur background in Zoom on Mac is a simple and effective way to enhance the visual appeal of your video conferences. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can easily enable the blur effect and have a professional-looking background. Remember to always keep your Zoom app updated to ensure you have access to the latest features and functionalities. Happy video conferencing!