As a frequent user of Google Meet, I have often found the bottom bar to be distracting during my online meetings. The bottom bar, which displays various controls like the microphone, camera, and chat options, can sometimes take up valuable screen real estate and hinder the overall meeting experience. After some research and experimentation, I have discovered a way to hide the Google Meet bottom bar, allowing for a more focused and unobstructed view of the meeting participants.
To hide the Google Meet bottom bar, you can use a browser extension called “Google Meet Grid View”. This extension not only allows you to view meeting participants in a grid layout, but it also provides an option to hide the bottom bar.
To get started, follow these steps:
- Open your preferred web browser (Google Chrome, Firefox, or Microsoft Edge).
- Go to the Chrome Web Store (or the equivalent store for your browser).
- Search for “Google Meet Grid View” extension.
- Select the extension and click on the “Add to Chrome” (or equivalent) button to install the extension.
- Once the extension is installed, open a new tab and launch Google Meet.
- You should now see a grid layout of meeting participants.
- Hover your mouse over the bottom bar until a small arrow appears.
- Click on the arrow to hide the bottom bar.
By following these simple steps, you can now enjoy a clutter-free Google Meet experience. With the bottom bar hidden, you can focus more on the meeting content and the participants without any distractions.
It’s worth mentioning that the “Google Meet Grid View” extension not only hides the bottom bar but also offers additional features like automatic grid adjustment, custom grid sizes, and more. I highly recommend exploring the extension’s settings to personalize your Google Meet experience further.
In conclusion, if you find the Google Meet bottom bar to be obstructive during your online meetings, using the “Google Meet Grid View” extension can be a game-changer. It allows you to hide the bottom bar and provides a grid view of meeting participants, creating a more immersive and focused meeting environment. Give it a try and see how it enhances your Google Meet experience!