Microsoft Teams is a powerful collaboration tool that allows teams to communicate and work together seamlessly. One of the key features in Teams is the ability to customize the layout of your meetings by adjusting the number of tiles displayed on your screen. In this article, I will guide you through the process of getting more tiles on Microsoft Teams, helping you make the most out of your collaborative experience.
Step 1: Check your Teams version
Before we dive into the details, it’s important to make sure that you are using the latest version of Microsoft Teams. Updates often bring new features and improvements, so it’s always a good idea to keep your application up to date. To check for updates, simply click on your profile picture in the top right corner of the Teams window and select ‘Check for updates’.
Step 2: Enable Large Gallery View
To get more tiles on Microsoft Teams, you’ll need to enable the Large Gallery view option. This feature allows you to see up to 49 participants simultaneously on a single screen. To enable Large Gallery view, follow these steps:
- Join a Teams meeting or start a new one.
- Once you’re in the meeting, look for the ‘…’ (More options) button in the meeting controls at the top of the screen.
- Click on the ‘…’ button and select ‘Large Gallery’ from the dropdown menu.
Enabling Large Gallery view will allow you to see more participants on your screen, making it easier to collaborate and engage with your team.
Step 3: Adjust your layout preferences
Microsoft Teams also offers the flexibility to customize your layout preferences according to your needs. You can choose to see participants in a specific order or based on who is speaking. Here’s how you can adjust your layout preferences:
- While in a Teams meeting with Large Gallery view enabled, click on the ‘…’ (More options) button in the meeting controls.
- From the dropdown menu, select ‘Change layout’.
- Choose the arrangement that suits you best. You can select ‘Gallery’ to see all participants in equal-sized tiles, ‘Large Gallery’ to see more participants in larger tiles, or ‘Together mode’ for a more immersive experience.
By adjusting your layout preferences, you can customize your Teams meeting view to maximize productivity and collaboration.
Getting more tiles on Microsoft Teams can greatly enhance your collaboration experience and help you stay connected with your team members. By enabling the Large Gallery view and adjusting your layout preferences, you can see more participants on your screen, making it easier to communicate and collaborate effectively. Take the time to explore these features and find the settings that work best for you. Happy collaborating!