Adding a calendar to Trello can greatly improve your productivity and help you stay organized. As a Trello user myself, I’ve found that having a visual representation of my tasks and deadlines on a calendar view has been incredibly helpful. In this article, I’ll guide you through the process of adding a calendar to Trello and share some personal tips and tricks along the way.
Step 1: Enable the Calendar Power-Up
Trello offers a variety of Power-Ups that can enhance your boards with additional features. To add a calendar to your Trello board, you’ll need to enable the Calendar Power-Up.
- Open the board you want to add the calendar to.
- Click on the “Show Menu” button in the top right corner of your screen.
- Select “Power-Ups” from the menu.
- In the Power-Ups directory, search for “Calendar” and click on the “Add” button.
Step 2: Customize Your Calendar
Once you’ve added the Calendar Power-Up, you can customize it to suit your needs.
- Click on the “Calendar” tab in the right sidebar.
- Choose the calendar view format that you prefer. Trello offers both a monthly and weekly view.
- Toggle the visibility of labels and due dates on your calendar.
Personal Tip: I find it helpful to color-code my cards using labels and assign due dates to prioritize my tasks. This way, when I view my calendar, I can quickly identify what needs my attention.
Step 3: Navigate and Interact with Your Calendar
Now that you have a calendar on your Trello board, let’s talk about how to navigate and interact with it.
- Scroll through the calendar to view different time periods.
- Drag and drop cards from one date to another to reschedule tasks.
- Click on a card in the calendar to open it and view its details.
- Add due dates directly from the calendar by clicking on a date and selecting “Add due date”.
Adding a calendar to Trello can be a game-changer when it comes to staying organized and managing your tasks effectively. With the Calendar Power-Up, you can visualize your workflow, set deadlines, and prioritize your work. Remember to customize your calendar to fit your preferences and incorporate personal touches, such as color-coding and due dates. Happy organizing!