Libpng-1.2.35 security update
New libpng is available for VL 5.9 and 6.0. This a security patch which closes multiple memory corruption vulnerabilities. Security conscious users may want to upgrade immediately. This package will be moved to patches as soon as we have adequate user testing and know that it really works.
- Package: libpng-1.2.35-i586-1vl60.tlz
- MD5: b8ca6d86586e9e96c810bb9b7ecffba9
- Package Size: 202K
- Installed Size: 750K
- Sources: http://vectorlinux.osuosl.org/veclinux-6.0/source/testing/libs/libpng
- Package: libpng-1.2.35-i486-1_slack12.0.tlz
- MD5: 8463d0c6f8ff05a361773aed714f3b79
- Package Size: 284K
- Installed Size: 1190K
- Sources: http://vectorlinux.osuosl.org/veclinux-5.9/source/testing/libs/libpng
libpng (Portable Network Graphics library)
libpng is the official PNG reference library. It supports almost all PNG features, is extensible, and has been extensively tested for over 12 years. This is an open source project to develop and maintain the reference library for use in applications that read, create, and manipulate PNG (Portable Network Graphics) raster image files.
Authors: PNG Development Group