How To Revert To Windows 10

How To Articles

Have you recently upgraded to a newer version of Windows, only to find that it’s not quite what you expected or hoped for? Maybe you miss the familiarity and stability of Windows 10. Well, fear not! In this article, I will guide you through the process of reverting back to Windows 10, step by step.

Why Revert to Windows 10?

Before we dive into the steps, let me share my own experience and reasons for reverting to Windows 10. I recently upgraded to the latest version of Windows, thinking that it would bring me all the new features and improvements. However, I found that some of my favorite applications were not working properly, and the overall performance of my system seemed to have taken a hit. After considering my options, I decided to go back to Windows 10, as it has been a stable and reliable operating system for me in the past.

Step 1: Back up Your Data

Before making any changes to your operating system, it is crucial to back up all your important files and data. This ensures that you won’t lose anything during the reverting process. You can simply copy your important files to an external hard drive or upload them to cloud storage services like Google Drive or Dropbox.

Step 2: Access the Recovery Environment

The next step is to access the recovery environment, where you can initiate the process of reverting back to Windows 10. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Click on the Start menu and select the ‘Settings’ option.
  2. In the Settings menu, click on ‘Update & Security’.
  3. From the left-hand side menu, choose ‘Recovery’.
  4. Under the ‘Go back to the previous version of Windows 10’ section, click on the ‘Get started’ button.

Step 3: Follow the On-Screen Instructions

Once you have initiated the reverting process, you will be guided through a series of on-screen instructions. Make sure to read each step carefully and follow them accordingly. During this process, your computer may restart multiple times, so be patient.

Step 4: Reinstalling Drivers and Applications

After successfully reverting back to Windows 10, it is important to reinstall any drivers or applications that may have been removed during the process. Check the websites of your hardware manufacturers and software developers to download the latest versions of their products compatible with Windows 10.

Conclusion

Reverting back to Windows 10 can be a relatively straightforward process, as long as you follow the right steps and take the necessary precautions. Remember to always back up your data before making any changes to your operating system. If you find that Windows 10 suits your needs better than the newer versions, don’t hesitate to make the switch. After all, your computer should work for you and not the other way around!